IPSL Meeting Room
Tour 24, RdCh (on the right)
4 place de Jussieu
75252 PARIS CEDEX 05
- Friday 14th April - 10h00-12h00
- Tuesday 18th April - 10h00-13h00
- Friday 21th April - 10h00-12h30
- Wednesday 26th April - 10h00-12h30
- Friday 28nd April - 10h00-12h30
- Tuesday 2nd May - 10h00-12h30
- Friday 5th May - 10h00-12h30
- Friday 12th May - 10h00-12h30
by Olivier TALAGRAND, Laboratoire de Météorologie Dynamique, ENS
- Numerical Modeling of Atmospheric Flow. "Primitive" equations. Discretisation techniques. Meteorological forecast. Present performances.
- Meteorological Observation System description. Data Assimilation Problem.
- Bayesian Estimation. Random variables and functions. Examples of applications for Meteorology.
- "Optimal Interpolation". Main properties. Examples of applications for Meteorology.
- Advanced Data Assimilation Methods. Kalman Filter. Ensemble Assimilation. Present performances and perspectives.
- Advanced Data Assimilation Methods (continued). Variational Assimilation. Adjoint equations. Present performances and perspectives.